There's a reason for this! The button disappearing isn't a bug, its actually how the feature works...
You can download (to MP4) your own videos that you uploaded to YouTube. This download option is only available for your video uploads, not for other users' videos.
To download your own videos to MP4:
- Sign into your account.
- Click on the Account link in the top right hand corner of your screen.
- Under My Videos click Uploaded Videos.
- Find the video you'd like to download and click the "Download to MP4" button.
- There is a limit of TWO downloads per hour for downloading your video to MP4. The "Download to MP4 button will not appear next to your videos if you've already downloaded two videos in an hour. Once an hour has passed, the button will appear again and you'll have the option to download additional videos.
- If your video has already been removed from the site, or if you've used audioswap, the video will not be available for download.
Hope this info's useful and that it helps clear up any confusion :)
We always appreciate you letting us know when a new feature's not clear & needs further explanation!
Take care everyone, tty soon